Friday, January 27, 2012

Cute stuff to remember

It's been a LONG time since I updated this blog! I've been way behind. The holidays have come and gone, my pregnancy has flown by, and my spirited little Logan is 2 1/2 years old! I wanted to write some things down that I don't want to forget about this time in her life.
She is a little chatterbox! She talks so much now! About everything and nothing. Most of it I can understand, but sometimes she gets really excited about something and starts rambling gibberish with all sorts of inflection and facial expressions and hand movements...she definitely knows what she's talking about! She says "Bless you mommy" all the time. If I sneeze or cough or laugh. She counts everything, but always leaves out 4 and 5. She says "1,2,3,6,7,8,9." And it's always said really really fast. Two of her favorite phrases are "I have to go to school and play!" and "I want to go bye-bye in the car!" I hear those at least 20 times a day. She also frequently says "What you doing?" and "Come on Mommy". Some of her funny Christmas sayings were "Merry Christmas Tree!" and "Santa's claws". She gets so so excited every day when daddy gets home from work. She runs full speed to the door as soon as she hears the key in the lock. She screams "Daddy, daddy!" with her arms wide open for a big hug. Priceless! She still loves to rough house and tickle and wrestle. She'll say "I have to get you mommy (daddy)" with her hands up ready to tickle us. She is so funny. If we get on to the dogs, she says "No mommy, you have to go to time out, Mundle (or Huck) is nice!" as she pets them. She makes up boo-boos all the time so we can kiss them. And she likes to kiss our "boo-boos" too, saying "Awww, I sorry mommy, I kiss you". She has recently started licking my cheeks which she thinks is hilarious and I can only assume that she is mimicking the dogs when they give us kisses. She's really into music and tries to sing the intro music to all her favorite shows. She also sings songs with me and my favorite is "Wiggle Wiggle Little Star". Every time the song says "twinkle", Logan says "wiggle". It is too funny. She still loves to play with her babies, but if I try to talk to her about the baby in my belly, she gets really mad and says "No baby here!". Probably not a good sign! She always refers to herself in the 3rd person and calls herself "Hogan". "It's Hogan's turn", "Hogan's cup", etc. :) Her favorite toys right now are her new princess castle and dolls, her tent, her kitchen, and of course, her babies. She also loves to draw/color and play with stickers. She is the world's pickiest eater and frustrates me to no end with what she will and won't eat. Most days she survives on peanut butter and pretzels. I've tried everything known to man to get her to eat a variety of healthy, yummy foods and her response is always the same. "I don't like it" as she spits whatever it is out of her mouth. She is still a stubborn, strong willed little girl who knows what she wants, but she has such a sweet, gentle, caring spirit. She loves with her whole heart. She is eager and curious and wonderful. And I couldn't love anything more.

A few (somewhat) recent pics:


No comments:

Post a Comment