Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grammie and Grandpa come to town!

My mom and dad came to town last week for a visit! We had such a great time! We worked on the house, played, ate, and worked some more!

My dad and Jason did a tile backsplash in the kitchen and added hardware to the cabinets.
Before:
After: (with backsplash and some of the hardware)



It makes a huge difference! I love it!


My amazing mom made some beautiful cream colored linen curtains that are 18 feet tall to hang in my two-story living room!! This was, I'm sure, not an easy task! But they look amazing and I'm so thankful to her and to Jason for once again, risking his life for my decorating ideas by climbing the extension ladder and hanging these bad boys! :)



My little Monkey decided she wanted in on the action and decided to climb up the ladder too! That girl has no fear!! She swiftly made her way up without a second thought! (Grandpa was in arms reach of course!)



Mom and I framed some pictures and hung them on the wall behind the couch:



We also brought out my sewing machine (never been out of the box) and she whipped me up some gorgeous throw pillows for the couch! She patiently taught me how to work my machine and I was able to sew some too! I'm excited to make some more pillows and some curtains for L's room!

The pillows:


The monkey trying to sew also:





The weather was beautiful so we took some time to play outside:











On one of our many trips to Home Depot, Grandpa introduced L to the tractors (which she called "car") and she didn't want to leave them! She had fun steering the wheel and saying "beep beep". So cute!





We had such a great time together! We hope they come back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment